Technical Support Engineer is responsible for responding to and resolving complex customer problems via phone, email and remote access for Citrix products.
The support focuses on in-depth problem analysis of Citrix products and their integration into enterprise-wide mixed environments. Isolate and provide resolution to customer issues or qualify the customer issue for senior level assistance or other vendor assistance.
Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Use fundamental technical troubleshooting skills obtained through performance of the role to define and isolate technical issues.
Actively participate in some or all phases of the software development and maintenance cycle.
These phases include working on customer-based problems dealing with both the Escalation Team as well as Third Level development on reproducing and researching customers' issues, troubleshooting, debugging, documentation, building lab environments, software maintenance, and testing.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Tech Support environment
• Experience in working with Windows 2003/2008 Servers in a networked environment.
• Experience in working with Windows XP/Win7/Vista
• Experience in configuration of Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
• Good understanding of Network troubleshooting.
• Good understanding of Network Storage systems and associated protocols. Configuring and troubleshooting NAS, SAN, NFS will be a plus.
Fundamental knowledge of XenServer, VMware or MS Hyper-V technologies will be a plus. • Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills